Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using PocketDOS to emulate a Husky or Itronix FS/2?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

PocketDOS does not emulate the Husky FS/2 (or any other device) specifically. It emulates a "vanilla" PC/XT-class computer. It does not emulate any non-standard BIOS interfaces and as such will not emulate any Husky-specific BIOS calls (if there are any). Any hardware designed to be connected to the serial port of the Husky *should* work with PocketDOS. Other hardware is unlikely to be able to be physically connected to a Windows CE device and so will probably not be able to be used.

We have customers who are using PocketDOS to replace Husky FS/2 devices for thier applications. What specifically are you hoping to achieve?

Thank you for your interest.

------------------
PocketDOS - An MS-DOS 6.22 compatible DOS for your Pocket Computer.
http://www.pocketdos.com
chriscorcoran
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

By some coincidence we have also converted software written for the Husky Hunter16 / Fs2 to run under pocket DOS. There seems to be cover for all the standard BIOS calls we use, but NO cover for any specific Husky API calls (like the power levels/ setting the comms ports etc). All devices we communicate with are serial, and these work fine.
AzBat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris,

Thanks for the heads up! It's good to hear your success with FS/2 software under PocketDOS. I'm not sure if our FS/2 app uses any Husky API calls, but I do know it will display the power remaining of the FS/2and GPS receiver connected to the serial port. Considering how old the program is, I doubt anybody at Ashtech will be able to tell me if it does use any specific Husky API calls.

PocketDOS,

I was wondering if you were going to reply to my earlier questions and comments? It would be really great if you could help us get PocketDOS to run our program. Thanks in advance.

Tommy McClain
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Please contact us via email if you would like us to test your application.

Thank you for your interest.

------------------
PocketDOS - An MS-DOS 6.22 compatible DOS for your Pocket Computer.
http://www.pocketdos.com
B_loc1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Husky FS/GS Reply with quote

I've been trying to connect a husky FS/GS to my PC for the past few days with no luck. I have The Husky File transfer utility and I have survey pro in which I am trying to load onto the unit. Can anyone help me get these things communicating? This was the only forum that I could find that mentioned the Husky Data collector. Any help would be great. Thanks

Brian
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: