Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting ipaq to modem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketGear.com Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pault

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 10:58 am    Post subject: Connecting ipaq to modem Reply with quote

I tried connecting my ipaq to my motorola startac with a serial cable. I can dial out, log onto my ISP through a terminal screen, but when I tap on "OK" to continue, I am immediately disconnected. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?
demert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same disconnect problem when trying to connect to an AOL account directly. An option is to use MSN as your ISP. Download a few months free to try the connection. They are one of the few ISP's to support the mobile format other than the cellular phone services. With an MSN account you must put MSN/ before your username when signing on from your mobile device using a dialup connection. For help, go to www.cewindows.net and go to ISP section. I have a Casio e-100 running ce 2.11 connected to a Startac 7868 through Verizon. If you're with Verizon,they sell a Mobile Office package which is a phone to serial port cable which you don't need, compression software for a laptop connection which you might use and the dialup connection to them which you do need. The great thing is that there is no fee for the service, you only use your airtime. Price is around $60. Any connection is neat and cute but painfully slow. The FCC regulates the transmission rate to 14.4 kb/s. Good luck.
PhilBridges
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2001 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the problem is that your ISP uses CHAP authorisation whereas your IPAQ is try to use PAP. Some ISP's support both but not all. You can sometimes get over this by enabling the terminal winodw after dailling and logging on manually.

Take a look at the ISP FAQS at http://www.cewindows.net/faqs.htm , it mightr give you some more informative clues.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketGear.com Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright 2001-2010, Chris De Herrera, All Rights Reserved