Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IIIc to a PPC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketGear.com Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 6:24 pm    Post subject: IIIc to a PPC Reply with quote

Anyone have a IIIc, that traded in for a PPC (Cassiopeia) ?? How does the battery on the Cass compare to that of the IIIc ??
bolden
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2001 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know yet, but my iPaq is coming in the mail this week and I will edit this post to reflect my transition.
bolden
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2001 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me again. I have been using the iPaq for about two days now. I can honestly say that I am very impressed. I didn't think that I would be, but the technology is pretty impressive. The hardest thing that I have found so far comes in two things. The first thing is that Transcriber which it the grafitti like system on my palm. I am having a hard time shifting back to a more natural style of writing. I have been writing grafitti for so long my print even looks like it, so it is a bit of a challenge. I have gone from around 40 words per minute down to about 10 in transcriber. The second thing that I have noticed is that the outlook on the handheld is not as full featured as the one that I have on my Palm (Action Names).

The other thing is a bit more intangible. The overall experience I am having with the pocket PC is a fundamentally different that a Palm. This is not to say that that the experience has been difficult just different. I will post more later.
CoderJoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2001 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on my second day with an HP Jornada 547.
I'm very impressed. I keep getting pleasently surprised.

As for battery life, best I can tell is that the battery life is MUCH better than I had with the IIIc. After an hour of heavy use on the IIIc, the charge would be very low.

I used my Jornada all day today without plugging it into a power source, and it never got under 80%. I wouldn't have even attemped it on the IIIc.

I am having a hell of a time trying to write on it...been using graffiti for years now. But I guess that will work itself out.

My other big concern is that software availability is very poor compared to the PalmOS. But I hope this will cure over time.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketGear.com Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright 2001-2010, Chris De Herrera, All Rights Reserved