Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

install without cd

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtcart
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: install without cd Reply with quote

I have an audiovox maestro pocket pc. It used to be my wifes and she doesn't use it any more. Now I would like to use it. My only problem is that I don't have the install cd and even if I did I have a netbook that doesn't even have a cd drive. So my question is how can I go about installing this. It is an old 1032. Thanks
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installing "this"? What would you like to install? Perhaps some program or other? A clue would be helpful in finding someone to assist you.
jtcart
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: the software Reply with quote

I need to figure out how to install the software to basically sync my pocket pc and my netbook. I don't need to install anything on the pc. I basically need the install disc tha the pocket pc came with that you load on your computer.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not correct. To synchronise data between the PC and the Pocket PC you need Microsoft Activesync. For that device, it would probably have to be version 3.8 or earlier. Early versions of Activesync can be downloaded from this site:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/syncsoft/activesync/
This software is installed onto the netbook, not onto the Pocket PC. Once installed, it should run in the background on the PC and launch automatically when the PPC is connected via cable or perhaps by infrared. Activesync is already part of the device software, and this can be configured on the device at the time of connection or perhaps before. My apologies, it has been a number of years since I gave up using Activesync in favour of other, more reliable and fast data transfer methods. But if you are talking about synchronizing databases in Microsoft Outlook, Activesync is the conduit you will need to use. It is also essential that Activesync be installed on the PC if you wish to install software to the PPC via a PC-based installer program.

Of course if you do not use Outlook on the netbook, there is very little reason, if any, to synchronize devices through Activesync. I would suggest swapping out storage cards instead, using a card reader on the PC to put data onto the PPC's storage card.
jtcart
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I will try this and see if it works. I don't use outlook but it seems like I could do other things. At least if both pc and pocket pc have the same software on them. I will mess around with it and see what I can work with. But again thanks for all of your help.

Tom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: