Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing Word compatible format?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nigelmercier
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Editing Word compatible format? Reply with quote

I recently bought a no-name CE netbook from China, via eBay. I came with TextMaker, although I'm not convinced it is a legitimate copy.

Are there any alternative word processors, preferably free or very cheap, that will read and write in a Word compatible format? I don't need all the Word features, but Headers and Footers are a requirement.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it came with TextMaker, why not use that? If you find that it was not properly licensed, you could always pay SoftMaker for a legitimate license, entitling you to upgrades according to their upgrade scheme for legal license holders. I do not know of any other document editor of anywhere near the capabilities of TextMaker, nor for such a low price. A version of Pocket Word from Microsoft might install on that machine, but probably not, and PW isn't anywhere near as capable anyway. There are all sorts of glorified Notepad clones around for CE devices of various flavours but headers and footers wouldn't be offered among those.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: