Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New version of PocketDOS available (v1.12.3)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: New version of PocketDOS available (v1.12.3) Reply with quote

Q: What is PocketDOS?
A: PocketDOS is a powerful virtual PC software environment for your pocket computer that allows you to run a DOS operating system and have instant access to many DOS applications* on your pocket computer, whilst simultaneously allowing the use of the pocket computer's native applications. PocketDOS also allows DOS applications to access serial ports, built-in modems, infrared ports, bluetooth devices, removable storage disks, touchscreens and shared network resources, and allows file sharing between the pocket computer's native applications and DOS applications.
(* Intel 8086/80186/80286 (real-mode only) compatible using CGA,EGA,VGA, HP-LX or text display modes)

Q: What is new in this version?
A: This version:
- Adds bluetooth serial port detection (WM6.1+)
- Improves PS/2 mouse support
- Improves built-in mouse driver compatibility
- Improves support for external keyboards
- Improves keyboard BIOS compatibility
- Adds onscreen key support for Pocket PC devices in landscape mode
- Improves landscape orientation support
- Corrects FPU flag setting when using CPU extensions
- Adds file flushing semantics to prevent file corruption on devices with delayed I/O
- Adds support for custom MODEX display modes
- Adds support for latest devices
- Includes minor bug fixes and improvements

Q: Which devices are compatible with PocketDOS?
A: All Handheld PCs, Palm-sized PCs, Pocket PCs or SmartPhones with Windows CE, Windows CE.NET or Windows Mobile and Hitachi SH3, Hitachi SH4, MIPS or ARM (StrongARM, XScale) compatible processors. All Casio PocketManagers with Windows CE and MIPS-compatible processors.

Q: Where can I download a demo copy?
A: http://www.pocketdos.com

Registered PocketDOS users can upgrade (for free) to the latest version of PocketDOS.

Any queries should be addressed to the PocketDOS support forum in the "Support" section of the PocketDOS website.
mrdarek
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for new version but I have big trouble installing this on Storage Card. After installation and reset my htc touch pro2 I cannot access to that external memory. This look like program brick phone... In previous version I not encountered that problem.
This new mouse function "resize to screen" should be great (I expect good work under GEM system) but I cannot test it now because I must reinstall all device after losing access to Storage Card...
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

It appears as if you may have forced the installation of the "PocketDOS DOS file system driver". This driver should not be installed on your device, and removing it should resolve the issues you're having.

Thank you for your interest.
mrdarek
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THX for help - you are right!

In this new version I have some other problem - probably is not full compatible with previous pocketdos drivers in msdos config/autoexec - now I trying find solution, eventually I will ask help in future...
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

The current version of PocketDOS (v1.12.3) is backwards-compatible with all drivers from previous versions of PocketDOS and XT-CE.

Thank you for your interest.
bse
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Instal PocketDOS 1123 Reply with quote

Hello and sorry for my poor english.
I try to install PocketDOS 11.23 from my PC. After click to Setup, there is nothing to install.
It works fine with the 11.01 version (also the unlock code). So I will use the old version for the moment waiting for your answer.
bse
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: PocketDOS 11.01 instead of version 11.23 Reply with quote

Just in complément : no the unlock code dosn't works (démo version at the beginning) but when I write the code, it says : PocketDOS in unlocked ? I will see if in use, the demo screen appears.
Thanks for your help. Barbara
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Which device are you trying to install PocketDOS to? And which download are you using?

Please try using one of the other DOS versions available for PocketDOS. If you receive the 'demo version' message after you have unlocked PocketDOS, it is most likely because you are trying to use Datalight ROM-DOS when the license you purchased does not include a license to ROM-DOS.

Thank you for your custom.
procommander
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Something wrong with my PocketDos Reply with quote

When I try to play TIM, it always exits itself. Next time I run PocketDOS, it asks if I will run the program in safemode. What's going on? How can I solve this problem?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: