Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please report any strange behaviour (with PocketDOS)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Please report any strange behaviour (with PocketDOS) Reply with quote

Dear PocketDOS Users,

PocketDOS is now compatible with a very large range of different OS versions, CPUs and device form factors. The latest release consists of 20 different executables for all of the different platform variations. Whilst we have tested all of the executables, we have not been able to cover all of the possible platform variants (there are well over 70). If you discover any strange behaviour in the user interface on a particular platform, please let us know the details, along with details of your system, so that we can correct the problem.

Thank you.
Braindead
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Please report any strange behaviour (with PocketDOS) Reply with quote

I have 1 problem with using PocketDOS on my Palm Treo 500v. It's probably not PocketDOS' fault but rather my phone's fault. Whenever I use any of the keys that also double as my numeric keys, I get the numeric input instead of the letters. This makes PocketDOS nigh unusable on my phone. See this picture to see how my keyboard is laid out: http://www.slashphone.com/media/data/796/treo500vwhitephncallactvhi.jpg
As you can see the black keys double as the numeric keypad.
If any solution to my problem can be found I would appreciate it...
2disbetter
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: problem with pc speaker Reply with quote

I'm running the latest pocketdos (1.12.2) on a Dell Axim X3 running winmobile 03.

Was using 1.10.2 for ALONG time and had similar problems but never figured it quite out. I have now isolated the problem to the PC speaker. Even thoug in the settings the speaker is disabled, pocketdos is still trying to execute calls to it, and this in turn is making pocketdos hang.

Is there away to allow pocketdos as a whole to ignore all calls to the speaker when the speaker is off?

This would greatly add in stability on several applications.

Thanks and keep up the great work,

2d
Flash Corliss
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Strange behavior with new IPAQ 910C Reply with quote

I got ROMDOS installed, but it would not run until the USB ActiveSync cable was removed. Weird.

Also, the keyboard mappings are all wrong (numbers and : ? ! are all devoid).

What can I do? I tried remapping, but the key for ":" is a "Fn ." and I get nothing in the Capture Key utility.

Thanks,
Flash Corliss
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Please run the following command from the DOS prompt:

SETKEY SHOW

And provide us with the number displayed when you press the 'Fn' key.

Thank you for your input.
Flash Corliss
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SETKEY command yields a 105 for a "Fn .", which is the same as a ":".

So I used the keyboard mapping tool to remap a SHIFT ; to 105 and it worked.

I guess I now have to remap the entire function key set, which will be a pain. But I don't mind, now that I know I can use SETKEY to get all the keys right.

Thank you for your help.

Flash
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Please provide us with the output you receive from SETKEY SHOW when you press only the Fn key. It is expected that the output of other keys will be identical regardless of which type of 'shift' key is pressed.

Thank you for your input.
Rienen
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Samsung SCH-i760 Reply with quote

Whenever I hit the 'R' key, it cycles through the font sizes. Just calling up the 'dir' listing is a pain. I should note that it did not do this with the PocketPC version, it has only happened since I installed the Smartphone version of PocketDos.
cyrilsj
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running 1.12.2 on a FSC loox n560 with wm6

Two strange things, one general and annoying, one specific and fatal.

1. Whenever I change any options the windows toolbar at the top of the screen does not appear so I cannot confirm any choices. I work round by using a hardware key to call my calender program which I then close. This leave behind pocketdos with a toolbar that I can use to confirm my choice.

2. When running Master of Magic the route finding of the units is completely blitzed. Whenever a unit is supposed to go left on the screen it actually goes right, transversing the entire world before arriving at its intended destination. This occurs regardless of whichever dos I use. It does not happen under dosbox.
LoOZR37
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Problems in this version with Colonization ? Reply with quote

Dear PocketDos,

I don't know if this problem is related to the new version of PocketDos, but since I've read several times that Colonization seems to work on previous versions, it seems possible that the new version is the cause.
Colonization is correctly installed (I played months on my PPC using Dosbox without any problem). Colonization starts, but after a couple of moves I get either a half black screen or some red hex messages and I'm thrown out of the application.
I have set 4MB Expanded and 4MB of Extended mem. I've already tried a couple of other settings but to no avail.

MAYBE this is caused by the new version.

Masters of Magic, Masters of Orion and Civ1 work perfectly by the way.

In any case : congratulations with the new version of PocketDos.
It took me a while to change my DosBox for a purchase of PocketDos but it was definitely worth the wait.
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

Have you tried using the Bochs CPU plug-in?

Thank you for your custom.
LoOZR37
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it with the Bochs-Plugin as well.
The same phenomenon occurs.

Don't worry though... I'm still having a lot of fun with Masters Of Orion and Civilization I Wink
laamadod
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got PocketDOS work almost perfectly on my Hakkapeliitta (ARM Samsung 400MHz processor, 480x272 resolution) GPS CE 5.0 device.

Installation steps:
1. Copy PockedDOS.exe and PDOS_CON.DLL to \SDMMC\PocketDOS\
2. Install GAPI for HPC's
3. Copy gx.dll to \SDMMC\PocketDOS\
4. Copy aygshell.dll and coredll.dll to \SDMMC\PocketDOS\ (I have tried multiple of these to solve problems without luck)

Problems:

1. Wizard is cropped from right side maybe ~30px (gladly Next -button is partly in visible area)

2. Tools > Settings > everything shows quite ok, but I can't save any settings. I can check boxes, but they're gone after pressing ok-button.

3. Biggest problem is that I can't choose Tools > Settings > System > Boot from: ... List is always empty, even if I have dos bootdisk A: and empty C: -image mounted.

Because I can't choose boot-order, I can't format C-drive.

Do you have already formatted bootable ~10Mb C-drive (hdd) image for MS-DOS 6.22 that would be easiest way Smile
Spiralgalaxy5
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Please report any strange behaviour (with PocketDOS) Reply with quote

Hi, I was happily using 1.12.1 on my Jornada 720. I tend to install applications from read-only protected .CAB files on a CF card, rather than use the full .EXE and Activesync method.

When I uninstalled 1.12.1 and installed 1.12.2 (using PocketDOS.arm_hpcpro.CAB) the new installation would not boot my .HDD "Drive C" image (also on the CF card, 38MB, MS-DOS 6.0 installed). It hangs just after the "Starting MS-DOS.." message appears. It won't boot from my MS-DOS 6.0 installation floppy image either.

Uninstalled 1.12.2 and re-installed 1.12.1 and everything OK again - what's the reason?

Thanks for a great emulator Smile
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

We added PS/2 mouse emulation to PocketDOS v1.12.2, which requires that we emulate a different keyboard controller to previous versions. Our implementation appears to be incompatible with the MS-DOS KEYB command, so you will need to remove any lines containing the KEYB command from your AUTOEXEC.BAT file.

You can bypass this command by pressing F8 whilst PocketDOS is booting, single-stepping through the AUTOEXEC.BAT and skipping the KEYB line. You can then edit the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and remove this line.

If you are not able to press the F8 key whilst MS-DOS is booting, then you will need to start PocketDOS with another DOS version and then mount your MS-DOS boot disk in drive B: (or C: if you're using a hard disk image), using the SETDRIVE command (type SETDRIVE /? HELP for information) or from the "Drives->Add" menu item. You will then be able to edit the AUTOEXEC.BAT of your MS-DOS boot disk and remove or REM out the line containing the KEYB command.

Thank you for your interest.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: