Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

screensaver problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC FAQ Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgbopper
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: screensaver problem Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum,but most importantly, I am new to the pocket pc phone. I have a HTC TyTN phone and so far, it is brilliant. However, I've got one problem. I put on the screensaver & started to "tap" as the instructions told me to. Silly me "tapped"too hard & now have little holes on the screensaver which makes my phone look bad. I've searched various forums but cannot find how you remove the screensaver without damaging the actual screen. Does anyone know please?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have not bothered to mention the exact brand and type of screen protector you put onto the screen, it is impossible to suggest the definitive answer to this question. However, guessing based on your reluctance to remove it... I suppose it's an adhesive-type screen film, similar to Avery Laminating Sheets ot perhaps a Write Shield? If so, then the proper way to remove it is to use a thin, soft plastic, toothpick-like tool. Some of the better screen protectors actually come with this tool, which is about 2mm wide in the body and tapers to about 1mm at the rounded tip, and about 1mm or less thick. Nylon or other soft plastic would be easily carved with an Xacto knife to perform this task. Just pick away at one corner, preferably the top-left corner as it's the one least often used for tapping things accurately, lifting it until you can grab the plastic with a pair of tweezers or your fingers. Then peel slowly and carefully back, with the peeling edge laying almost flat against the rest of the screen protector. This assures that forces are not lifting the touchscreen, but only rolling the adhered protector off.

If it is very stuck, well, you chose a too-sticky protector type, and may have to seek a repair shop's help. In future, I'd recommend using the very reasonably priced protector films from screenpatronus.com. I'm not sponsored by them nor do I have any relationship to them except as a long time customer; they make the best thin screen protectors I have tried, and I have tried many over the past 7 years. The only one almost as good is the Write Shield, which I find rather too thick and somewhat damaging to the view of the screen, though much less so than some other brands. Boxwave protectors also have a great reputation, but I've not tried them. The G2 protectors are very tough, but they interfere with stylus input near the edges and are very difficult to install without kinking.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC FAQ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: