Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inability to read pocket word document on desktop

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC FAQ Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbalaji65
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Inability to read pocket word document on desktop Reply with quote

Hi

I have an HP Pocket PC h 1930. The operating system is Windows CE 4.2. I had written a few documents in Pocket word. I copied the documents on to the E drive of my desktop by copy-paste. But when I attempted to read them on MS Word the files do not open. Please help me.

Bye

V Balaji
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably have better results if you go into Activesync Options and the Conversion tab, and look for the various Word formats, making sure the conversion type is appropriate for your desktop word processor of choice. By default, Word on a PC is not able (I think) to open Pocket Word documents. With file conversion turned on in Activesync and properly configured, documents transferred via Activesync Explorer can be auto-converted to avoid this problem.

Of course another option would be to re-save the opened files in Pocket Word in DOC, RTF, or another Word-compatibile format before transferring, emailing to others, etc. Then no conversion should be necessary. Unfortunately the default save format in Pocket Word is a somewhat limited propriety format.

Another option would be to use TextMaker as your word processor on the PC. It can read Pocket Word documents as easily as can a Pocket PC, without any conversion. There's even an option offered while installing TextMaker to associate Pocket Word documents by default on the PC and on the PPC version too. TextMaker is reasonably priced from Softmaker.de
vbalaji65
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thank you for the prompt reply.

I shall attempt your suggestions and give a feedback to you

Bye

V Balaji
vbalaji65
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I changed the configured the conversion settings as suggested by you. It is OK now. Thank you for the help. It was of great use for me Laughing

Bye

V Balaji
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC FAQ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: