Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS IE update for Windows CE 2.11 for NEC MobilePro 880

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigriss
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: MS IE update for Windows CE 2.11 for NEC MobilePro 880 Reply with quote

I am looking to see if there are any updates for MS Internet Explorer. I have the original version, I can't seem to find it right now. I am just nackered from setting up my WIFI on it. I have just now done the updates from NEC's website, all two of them. I have had my unit for ever. I have a NEC MobilePro 880. Its old, but it gets the job done. I also have a Samsung i730 that I use as well. Can anyone give me advice or point me in that direction?
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be a plugin or two to enhance IE on your device, or not, I'm not sure. For a Pocket PC one can use MultiIE or SPB Pocket Plus, but on an H/PC I don't know... Perhaps there's a version of NetFront or Opera you could use instead? Microsoft does not, so far, provide any IE updates for these mobile devices.
CE Geek
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an alternative browser for MIPS devices running H/PC Pro (CE 2.11). It's called WorldTalk, and can be downloaded here (among other places):

http://hpc.communitypage.net/

Another alternative for the 880 is to upgrade to H/PC 2000 (CE 3.0) by swapping the ROM chip with one from a 790. It's pretty easy (took me about a minute), and 790 ROMs can be found on eBay from time to time pretty cheap (mine was about $18 ). Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: