Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WiFi on the d-Media N-911 PockerPC 2003 SE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JekylHyde
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: WiFi on the d-Media N-911 PockerPC 2003 SE Reply with quote

Hi,
does the "d-Media N-911 PockerPC 2003 SE" has wifi or just gps?
can i use the gps as wifi? (worth asking Wink )
...and if i can't, how to use wifi on it AND still be able to use the sd slot to store data?
thanks
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, a GPS receiver can not function as a Wi-Fi I/O radio.

If there is a memory/Wi-Fi combination card, similar to the SanDisk combo CF cards but in SD format, then that would perhaps be compatible with your device. Otherwise, no, a one-slot device without Wi-Fi makes it necessary to swap out whichever accessory cards you wish to use.
JekylHyde
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerard wrote:
No, a GPS receiver can not function as a Wi-Fi I/O radio.

If there is a memory/Wi-Fi combination card, similar to the SanDisk combo CF cards but in SD format, then that would perhaps be compatible with your device. Otherwise, no, a one-slot device without Wi-Fi makes it necessary to swap out whichever accessory cards you wish to use.

where can i find such wifi sd card with 2-4Gb of data?
thanks Smile
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said 'if' you can find such a card. I don't know that any exist. That's what places like google.com are for, right? Or you could try browsing the sites of the major card manufacturers, the companies who are known to make both memory and Wi-Fi cards. That narrows it down to probably SanDisk (which I mentioned earlier) and Pretec, perhaps others. I have no idea.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: