Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wierd PDA behaviour and Airscanner not scanning??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graham_uk
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Wierd PDA behaviour and Airscanner not scanning?? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am running Airscanner demo on a mobile 5 device. My device was working fine yesterday but playing up this morning, hence installing demo version of Airscanner. For some reason the mobile device kept trying to connect to GPRS; it has never done this and what made it even stranger was the device was connected via USB to my pc at the time so had internet access anyway. I also have the wrong time on my mobile device. I did update a number of 'contacts' information last night but this would not cause the pda to connect to gprs?? (it never has before)

I am trying to run airscanner now but is is stuck scanning the storage card having tested 8 files and a total of 2478 bytes (after 23 minutes). The elapsed timer keeps moving on but nothing seems to be happning.

So, 2 things:

1) what could of caused my pda to give wrong time and constantly try to connect to gprs

2) why wont airscanner scan and why has it just hung where it has?

Many thanks.

Graham
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham,

I have not heard that error on the version 3.0 of the av...it could be a corrupt file, perhaps. Can you try uninstalling the antivirus and re-installing thte latest version from our website. Make sure to install it to main memory, just to see if that helps (although it is not necessary on most devices).
lcsherwin
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Samsung SCH-i760 and windows mobile 6 pro.

I've tried removing and reinstalling. No luck.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Antivirus All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: