Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Active Sync 3.7.1 and Outlook 2003 Errors

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Damo
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Active Sync 3.7.1 and Outlook 2003 Errors Reply with quote

I am trying to sync after upgrading to Office XP. Worked fine with Outlook 2002, have upgraded to latest vers. (3.7.1 from 3.7) Not having any joy. Any advice would be appreciated
Back to top
Gerard
Administrator


Joined: 01 Sep 2000
Posts: 2346
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you offer more details, here and on other forums such as Brighthand, pocketnow, ipaqHQ, aximsite, or wherever seems relevant, you might get answers. Try contacting Microsoft as well. Some of their Indian help workers are fairly adept, and always exquisitely polite.

Unfortunately, Activesync sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. For me it allows connection to a PPC about 80% of the time... the other 20% I have to reboot, reset the PPC, and otherwise play around to get a device recognised. It won't allow synching of favorites, email, contacts, calendar, nor files (I don't use tasks) in any version since 3.1, and even then it only partially worked, synching about 100 contacts for a few weeks, then wiping the database spontaneously on both PC and PPC. That was back in August 2000, I think. I'd estimate over 60 hours wasted in trying to make it work, with every release of Activesync since, and through 9 PPCs and 4 hard drive format/scratch rebuilds on the PC.

You can also try the CEWindows Activesync Troubleshooting Guide, probably the most comprehensive resource. Lots of articles linked there. Maybe it'll work for your case...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Bugs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Copyright 2001-2010, Chris De Herrera, All Rights Reserved

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group