Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Article: Configuring Windows XP, Service Pack 2 and ActiveSy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC FAQ Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hendrixus
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to install in Safemode didn't work either. Now Last night, or basically I already saw this before, I noticed that there's a exclamation mark in a yellow circle. Error code 1. I think that's must be the problem. Now I try to solve this by deleting the install and refresh it, didn't work either. Install updated driver didn't work neither.
Also in the safemode the error is there. So I am going to look for the solution hoping being able to install AS again when I have solved this problem.

Hendrixus
hendrixus
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

All by myself Very Happy

I had remove everything concerning USB. I had a exclamation mark on a yellow background for my Ce service. My hardware wizard in the device manager would start to renew my drivers.

I also had a problem of a delay when I had rebooted the computer. I look into the logs and I find that some services didn't start among other from the Audigy 2ZS soundcard. So I decided to remove it.

After I've done so the delay was gone and I was able again the renew the drivers via the device manager,and mot im portant of all I could again install ActiveSync.

So the problem mentioned in this thread can also be caused by other hard/software in your computer.
hendrixus
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

All by myself Very Happy

I had remove everything concerning USB. I had a exclamation mark on a yellow background for my Ce service. My hardware wizard in the device manager would start to renew my drivers.

I also had a problem of a delay when I had rebooted the computer. I look into the logs and I find that some services didn't start among other from the Audigy 2ZS soundcard. So I decided to remove it.

I also noticed in tyhose logs that "newdev.dll" was missing in ]windows\system32 I copied this file back from another location(SP1) and restarted the PC. That worked

After I've done so the delay was gone and I was able again the renew the drivers via the device manager,and mot im portant of all I could again install ActiveSync.

So the problem mentioned in this thread can also be caused by other hard/software in your computer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I had the same problem.
To resolve, you just need to grant your account permission to the \HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\pdtfile registry key.

It resolve mine.
regards,
flex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: still no solution to activesync installation problem Reply with quote

kt wrote:
I'm one of those people having the problem with installation ActiveSync 3.7.1 discussed in the ActiveSync Troubleshooting Guide, Installation section, point 6 (the following error message during setup: "Setup Missing Required File. Setup requires the file 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\[myusername]\Local_Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\support\nt5_supp.dll' which does not exist. Please run Setup again." ) As people who've been having this problem know, the irony is that the file nt5_supp.dll does indeed exist in that temporary directory, at least temporarily, during setup.

The fix described in the link in point 6, which one person obtained by paying Microsoft, did not work for me. On those occasions when the IXP000.TMP\support subdirectory does remain after setup hangs, finding and running is_setup.exe within that subdirectory just results in the same error message.

I've tried every variation on it I can think of, including but not limited to uninstalling XP SP2, reinstalling XP SP1, logging on as Administrator, cleaning out all Temp directories and files (yes, many times, yes, repeatedly), rebooting over and over again, booting in Safe Mode with Networking, ... I've probably tried this fix, every way I can think of, and others I've seen suggested on the internet, about thirty times so far. I emailed Microsoft about it but got an email back saying only that my cell phone provider has the expertise to help me with this (funny, ActiveSync is a Microsoft program ...) Alas, my cell phone provider does not have that expertise; yesterday I was on the phone with T-Mobile tech support for about four hours and they couldn't figure it out either.

Does anybody know how to get past this ActiveSync 3.7.1 setup problem yet?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: still no solution to activesync installation problem Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
kt wrote:
I'm one of those people having the problem with installation ActiveSync 3.7.1 discussed in the ActiveSync Troubleshooting Guide, Installation section, point 6 (the following error message during setup: "Setup Missing Required File. Setup requires the file 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\[myusername]\Local_Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\support\nt5_supp.dll' which does not exist. Please run Setup again." ) As people who've been having this problem know, the irony is that the file nt5_supp.dll does indeed exist in that temporary directory, at least temporarily, during setup.

The fix described in the link in point 6, which one person obtained by paying Microsoft, did not work for me. On those occasions when the IXP000.TMP\support subdirectory does remain after setup hangs, finding and running is_setup.exe within that subdirectory just results in the same error message.

I've tried every variation on it I can think of, including but not limited to uninstalling XP SP2, reinstalling XP SP1, logging on as Administrator, cleaning out all Temp directories and files (yes, many times, yes, repeatedly), rebooting over and over again, booting in Safe Mode with Networking, ... I've probably tried this fix, every way I can think of, and others I've seen suggested on the internet, about thirty times so far. I emailed Microsoft about it but got an email back saying only that my cell phone provider has the expertise to help me with this (funny, ActiveSync is a Microsoft program ...) Alas, my cell phone provider does not have that expertise; yesterday I was on the phone with T-Mobile tech support for about four hours and they couldn't figure it out either.

Does anybody know how to get past this ActiveSync 3.7.1 setup problem yet?

In my case it had to do with a not good installed usb driver for my x50v. You first have to be sure that you don't have a yllow exclamation mark in the device manager. It took me a month to find it out what the problem was.
Karl Walentin
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I resolved this problem to uninstall my firewall i.e. Ashampoo.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC FAQ Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: