Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INFO: List of apps that have been tested w/ PocketDOS v1.09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flynn Arrowstarr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my list of games -- no plug-ins:

Bards Tale 1 - 3
Bards Tale Construction Set
Wizardry 1 - 6 (can't wait to try Wiz 7 again Very Happy )
Hero Quest
Dark Designs 1 - 2
Phantasie 1 & 3
AD&D Gold Box games (I've tried the Pool of Radience series and the Krynn series -- haven't tried the Savage Frontier games yet)
Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2 -- haven't tried EoB 3 yet
Ultima 1 - 7
Ultima Underworld
Wasteland
Fountain of Dreams

Applications:
WordPerfect 5.1+
Turbo Pascal 5.5 and 7.0
Turbo C 1.02
Visual Basic 1.0 Pro for DOS
Microsoft Professional Basic for DOS
Microsoft Professional C++ for DOS
QBasic 4.5

Haven't been able to get Windows 3.1 to work yet, but I'm planning to try it again soon. Smile

Flynn
A.A.Z.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, can anybody answer my question?
http://forums.pocketpcfaq.com/viewtopic.php?p=40867#40867
714pdosman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wizardry 7!!! Reply with quote

Quote:

The first thing you need to do is make sure EGA emulation is checked, if it wasn't restart pocketdos. After that you need to run a program that doesn't detect if you have VGA or EGA cards, it just trys to run it. I found that Spider man (Spidey) does this very easily, becuase when the game first starts up it give you the option to pick VGA. When you do Spidey will start to play just exit from the main menu.

Now you need to go to the Dsavant directory (it is important that you have it in this directory as it is the default for the installtion program, which you can change if you choose, but for simplicity we'll assume you didn't), and type vinstall. This will run the installation program for Wizardry 7. It should already have VGA set up for you as the options on video, and you should disable sound. It is very annoying trust me. After those two things are done, go to config only. click enter, and then it will exit saying that you have successfully installed wizardry 7.

After your back at the dos prompt you would type wizardry and it takes off from there. I assumed that you are using the re-released version of the game, but am pretty sure any other version would be like this.

I really hope you get it working... that game is probably one the greatest RPGs of all time. I have been enjoying it for the past 3 days. I still can't believe I'm playing it on a palm.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! I couldn't find Spiderman (Is it an old abandonware program?) I ended up getting it to work by trying to run Ultima Underworld 2. It hangs and crashed with a divide by zero error, but then I can launch Wizardry 7 from the prompt and it works. My only complaint is that it is very tedious to launch Ultima, then wiz. Has anyone found a faster way or a faster VGA game that will allow me to get into Wizardry?

Also, if this method allows us to enable VGA and play the game, can the Pocket DOS programmers fix pocketDos somehow so that we no longer have to trick it?
MattO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: Ultima 7 Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get Ultima 7 working with PocketDOS?
ondrej_d

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Privateer Reply with quote

Hi I just managed to run Privateer on my O2 XDAIIi....coool....Now I am working on command and conquer
2disbetter
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wizardry 7!!! Reply with quote

714pdosman wrote:
Quote:

The first thing you need to do is make sure EGA emulation is checked, if it wasn't restart pocketdos. After that you need to run a program that doesn't detect if you have VGA or EGA cards, it just trys to run it. I found that Spider man (Spidey) does this very easily, becuase when the game first starts up it give you the option to pick VGA. When you do Spidey will start to play just exit from the main menu.

Now you need to go to the Dsavant directory (it is important that you have it in this directory as it is the default for the installtion program, which you can change if you choose, but for simplicity we'll assume you didn't), and type vinstall. This will run the installation program for Wizardry 7. It should already have VGA set up for you as the options on video, and you should disable sound. It is very annoying trust me. After those two things are done, go to config only. click enter, and then it will exit saying that you have successfully installed wizardry 7.

After your back at the dos prompt you would type wizardry and it takes off from there. I assumed that you are using the re-released version of the game, but am pretty sure any other version would be like this.

I really hope you get it working... that game is probably one the greatest RPGs of all time. I have been enjoying it for the past 3 days. I still can't believe I'm playing it on a palm.

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip! I couldn't find Spiderman (Is it an old abandonware program?) I ended up getting it to work by trying to run Ultima Underworld 2. It hangs and crashed with a divide by zero error, but then I can launch Wizardry 7 from the prompt and it works. My only complaint is that it is very tedious to launch Ultima, then wiz. Has anyone found a faster way or a faster VGA game that will allow me to get into Wizardry?

Also, if this method allows us to enable VGA and play the game, can the Pocket DOS programmers fix pocketDos somehow so that we no longer have to trick it?

Hi spidey is the fastest game i was able to do it with. I set it up with some bat files. Spiderman is abandware. I got it from one of the abandonware sites.

What you will need to do after you've installed it (which for me was just creating a directory for it, and copy the game files in it) is create a bat file that you can run from the c prompt. I made mine called s.bat. When i type s it will automatically run spiderman. From there you select vga by pressing 1, adn then push esc 3 times, followed by a 3 and a yes

then you should be back at command prompt. From here I made another bat file called w.bat. It would go to the dsavant directory and start the game. Total time to start was 6 seconds, and it took 10 key strokes.

Anything faster than that is beyond me.

Wizardry 7 is a classic and prolly one of the best RPGs of all time. I hope you enjoy it.
kawika0
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Legend of the Red Dragon Reply with quote

Does anyone know if L.O.R.D. will work? I've been trying, but can't get it to load.
LoOZR37
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all !

I've read that some people here got some KOEI games working.
On my PPC none of Koei's products seem to work.
Any hints ?
Do I have to make a virtual Hard disk ?

Greetings... Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: