Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey: What new features would you like to see in a future
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demo User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PocketDOS wrote:
Dear Sir,

The mouse "problem" you mention with "Loom", can be solved by enabling/disabling the "Scale mouse column in lores modes" option from the "Settings->Mouse->Options" menu item in PocketDOS.

Thank you for your input.

------------------
PocketDOS - An MS-DOS 6.22 compatible DOS for your Pocket Computer.
http://www.pocketdos.com

Nope doesn't work. At least not for me in Monkey Island. Any other ideas on how to fix this? (working on an iPaq rx3715 2003SE) Haven't tried Loom.

I would like to see 286 and especially 386 support for PocketDos, otherwise a great little gadget. Keep up the good work.
menacez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morak wrote:
I would quite like to see a user-definable keyboard. For games like Colonization which require the use of the full 8-direction numeric keypad (Home, End, PgUp and PgDn are only accessible via FN in PocketDOS) and the keyboard characters such as b, f, s, p, etc, it would be nice to be able to define that layout so you always have the required keys available.
Obviously, it would have to be straight-forward to revert to the normal keyboard layout in case a standard keyboard is required (for entering colony names for instance)

PS: Having repeatedly put off doing it, after the release of 1.09.1 where Colonization runs without the need for plugins, I have purchased PocketDOS. Smile

Keep up the good work.

Hi mate,

How did you get Colonization to work in the first place? I've got the Pocketdos demo 1.9.1 version and still no joy on my HX4700 - can you tell me your settings m8?

Thanks,
Menacez
toml_12953
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: What features I'd like to see Reply with quote

1. VGA Support
2. Sound Blaster emulation
3. Pentium or higher emulation
4. 101 key keyboard emulation rather than the 83 key now included
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Unregistered

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What features I'd like to see Reply with quote

toml_12953 wrote:
1. VGA Support
2. Sound Blaster emulation
3. Pentium or higher emulation
4. 101 key keyboard emulation rather than the 83 key now included

Agreed. And in that exact order aswell.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we have VGA support in PocketDOS (1.10.0), it would be desirable to automatically rescale 320x240 VGA applications (games...) so that they use the full screen of the PocketPC
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

We are not quite sure what you are referring to as this capability has existed in PocketDOS for some time now. To switch "zoom" modes, tap the "magnifying glass" button on the PocketDOS toolbar.

Thank you for your interest.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Wish list for future PocketDOS updates... Reply with quote

Sound Blaster emulation is a must - the PC speaker support is flakey at the best of times on my PDA.
386/486 emulation with VGA would be the ideal for me.
tmoulder

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I want to take a moment to thank the pocketdos team for an outstanding product and their continuous efforts to make it more user friendly. I applaud you ::clap clap clap::

That said, numero uno seems to be soundblaster emulation, and I'll weigh in in favor of that as well. Also, I'd like some software clock control ability - the pc version is way too fast on my 3-ghz box, so a native way to slow down the emulation would be good.

Thanks!

TM
OS Emu
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Protected Mode\DPMI supported.

And a small tutorial on properly setting up the config.sys and autoexec.bat for various DOS versions.
X-Phile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: New features Reply with quote

1) Saving and loading of custom keysets - it is very useful for many software.
2) Creating of snapshot(s) of emulator's current state (like hibernate on Win2k+) - we can use this as saves on games without saving option and this will speed up first startup of DOS (we can write it to snapshot)
3) Basic emulation of CD's (with *.iso)
4) Sound Blaster.
5) LANDSCAPE video mode (You can see fast and simple method of scaling in FuseSP 0.12 - ZX-Spectrum emulator for Smartphones - it is distributed with sources)
X-Phile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. There are landscape mode now Smile. But can you implement basic smooth feature in this mode? There are very bad image. I now - many pixels dissapears during scale, but you may do next: colour of resulting pixel is (in RGB): ((R1+R2)/2, (G1+G2)/2, (B1+B2)/2) where R1/2, G1/2 and B1/2 is colour components of near (left and right pixels). Also there are no vertical scaling of screen, and we have to use scroll - this is not very good.
Grant Maines

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: WishList Reply with quote

I've just started to evaluate PocketDos so I can port a DOS app to a CE device. Here is what I've found to be needed.

1) The ability to use a utility similar to setcomm to be able to setup a printer from the command line. I've tried using mode to do this and it does not work as well as Settings--> Printers works. I have no problems printing when I use the settings menu approach. But since I may want my serial port available for another reason as well, I'd like to be able to create/remove a printer from within a batch file.

2) I'm not sure why this is but The Alt-Key combinations are not being recognized in my clipper application. If that could be fixed that would be great. I only have so many function keys then I need to use Alt keys.

3) I've tried using TSR's that monitor a serial port and stuff the data received into the keyboard buffer. After trying many different ones, Ive not found any that work in PocketDos. It would be nice to have one that runs in pocketDos without needing to start one in CE to use. May this can be an extension to pocketdos to be able to setup a keyboard wedge to the pocketdos session.

Thanks,
Grant Maines
NhImF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am evaluating PocketDOS and it looks very nice.

But i would like to see a 486DX emulator native to PocketDOS with the ability to use EMS so i can load emm386. Also protected mode and enhanced mode available to Windows 3.11 would be greatly appreciated.

Next thing is Soundblaster support and the (standard) 101 keys keyboard support.

The thing i have now is that most win 3.11 games won't run cause of not being able to use winG/win32s.
If the cpu support is upgraded to 486dx (fully that is) then i will buy this program.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Future features Reply with quote

While Soundblaster compatability would be nice I don't think people understand how difficult it would be to emulate direct hardware calls to an isa based soundblaster (needed for old games). I would be happy to play Ultima 8 (ultima VIII) without sound. I would save sound for later or as an addon beta as it will be the most difficult to deal with. Focus on 486 (with fpu) emulation (pentium if possible) and base it on strongarm v4+ and xscale processors.
Even p4's running dosbox can't play some highend dos games at a high frame rate.
The day I can play ultima vIII on a ppc would be amazing.
PocketDOS
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sirs,

PocketDOS emulates an 80186 processor, which is a relatively simple processor to emulate in comparison to an 80486 processor. Given that the the added complexity of emulating a >80186 processor slows down the emulation by several orders of magnitude we have decided not to develop native >80186 emulation for PocketDOS (being that the current 80186 emulation has barely acceptable performance as it is).

It may be interesting to experiment with running >80186 software on a handheld device, but given the poor performance that is possible with this type of emulation, there is little practical benefit in doing this. To this end, we are spending our development efforts in making PocketDOS do what it does well on a wide range of hardware rather than developing features that have minimal practical application for the majority of our users.

Thank you for your interest.

Last edited by PocketDOS on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> PocketDOS Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: