Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compaq3970 Windows 7 64-bit sync problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Compaq iPAQ Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pacman
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Compaq3970 Windows 7 64-bit sync problem Reply with quote

I have a Compaq 3970, originally Pocket PC 2002 but upgraded to 2003 (Version 4.20.1081, build 13100).

My Compaq 3970 synched perfectly well with my Outlook 2002 on a Windows XP Pro 32-bit system on my PC.

I just
- upgraded the PC to Windows 7 64-bit,
- installed Outlook 2007,
- transferred my Contacts, Email, Notes and Tasks to the new Outlook 2007
- plugged the Compaq 3970 into the USB

The PC threw up a little window saying that it was looking for drivers for the "new" device, told me 2 minutes later that it couldn't find any and asked me if I wanted to troubleshoot the problem. I said yes and ended up thrashing around in a jungle of MS and HP web pages in an unsuccessful search for driver(s). Around 45 minutes later I happened to see that a little window had popped up telling me that all the drivers and software for my new device had now been successfully installed. Where it had found them I have no idea. It seems that while I was "troubleshooting" the problem the PC/Windows7 had gone off without telling me and found the drivers and the software. Then a window entitled Windows Mobile Device Center popped up and told me that my iPAQ was connected and invited me to sync it. I clicked on the sync button, the little green wheel started turning, and a screen popped up on the iPAQ entitled ActiveSync WINDOWSMOBILE80. There too a little green wheel was turning and a message said that it was synchronizing but the progress bar hasn't moved a single bit for the last two hours.

So somehow the PC and iPAQ have succeeded in communicating with each other despite the pessimistic messages which popped up when I connected them and they say they are synching but the process isn't getting anywhere.

What might be the cause of this problem ?

Is it possible that there is a mismatch between the Outlook 2007 database on the PC and the database system on the iPAQ ? The data currently on the iPAQ was last synched with the old Outlook 2002 system on the PC.

Paddy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Compaq iPAQ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: