Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sync'd items not searchable on Treo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> ActiveSync
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hergie
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Sync'd items not searchable on Treo Reply with quote

Laptop is XP Pro, Outlook 2007 SP2. Pocket PC is Palm Treo running Win Mobile 6. I have ActiveSync 4.5 bld 5096

The search function in the Treo is unable to find certain types of data that comes over from an ActiveSync session. For example if I add a calendar app't in Outlook, and the entry has notes in the body of the calendar entry, then do an ActiveSync, the new calendar entry shows just fine in the Treo with the notes. If I then use the Win Mobile 6 Search function to find something in that note, something I know to be there, the search function can't find it.

The weird thing is that if I open the calendar item, highlight the note and copy and paste right on top of itself, the search function will now find it.
This problem occurs in Notes and Tasks too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> ActiveSync All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: