Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toshiba E800 battery

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vibramcowboy
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Toshiba E800 battery Reply with quote

Hello

I understand this PDA is discontinued but it works great. Batteries seems to be very difficult to find after persuing several leads. I am looking for an original Toshiba high capacity battery. I do not want one of the aftermarket units that do not fit or work as well.

If you can point me to a supplier I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know of any supplier of Toshiba branded batteries besides Toshiba, so if you cannot get one from them or a reseller I recommend purchasing a good quality after market battery. I bought a Mugen 5800mAh battery for my Toshiba e800 from lionbattery.com and was very, very, very happy with it for a long time. Looked nice too, with the blue sparkle paint and general design exactly matching that of the Toshiba. In fact the battery still works after more than 5 years, for the second owner. When I sent the device with battery to him the capacity had dropped to only a couple of hours... but that was after years of use. That 5800mAh battery gave me an initial device uptime of about 18 hours, with Wi-Fi card in the CF slot (my e800 was the Bluetooth model). After a year it still gave me more than 12 hours between charges. After two years it gave more than 8 hours. Considering that this was my primary computer during that time, and I did lots of typing on it with an external keyboard and lots of web browsing and just lots of stuff, that seems impressive to me.

But if you really insist on an actual Toshiba battery, best of luck to you. Here's what lionbattery has now - apparently they've no stock of the 5800mAh version but they do have one of similar capacity to the original Toshiba high capacity battery... I had that original Toshiba battery by the way. It gave me about 6 hours of use, or a bit less. I sold it to someone after a couple of months for $100, another fellow who was very attached to the idea of original Toshiba branding. Nice enough battery, but for the size it really didn't come close to what the Mugen battery gave me.

HLI-E800EX 5800mAh BATTERY - TOSHIBA E800/E805/E830 SERIES PPC'S
Out of stock 136.95 USD

HLI-E800SL 2200mAh BATTERY - TOSHIBA E800/E805/E830 SERIES PPC'S 48.95 USD

HLI-E800XL 3800mAh BATTERY - TOSHIBA E800/E805/E830 SERIES PPC's 82.95 US

Oh yeah, and whatever battery you end up getting, do try to follow Mugen's advice on initial charging. I've been using their batteries in many devices for years and their recommended charge cycle has not let me down, quickly getting a Li-Ion battery up to full performance rather than having to wait. Here it is in a nutshell:

- charge the battery fully on receipt, before using
- install the battery and use it until less than 10% capacity remains
- charge fully
- repeat discharge to below 10%... and do this cycling 4 times
- After initial 4 chage/discharge cycles, Li-Ion batteries last longest and offer best performance if never deep-discharged, or at least rarely. Topping up keeps them happy. Leaving them connected to the charger for days at a time after charging is NOT recommended as this degrades performance.

Some of that is from batteryuniversity, but the inititial charging stuff is from Mugen and works well.
vibramcowboy
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very useful info. You just made my day.

Thank you
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Handheld PC Questions/Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: