Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows mobile 5 don't boot after trying install leng

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lifeb
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Windows mobile 5 don't boot after trying install leng Reply with quote

Hi all i try to install Leng but windows freeze so i press the reset button and
now windows freeze in the beginning and activesync doesn't recognize my pocket pc .Any ideas?

Ps Pressing the left soft key when turning on the mobile i get in a new menu writing (Prepare to update Plug in usb cable and wait )i connect
it to my pc but nothing happen.

this is my mobile looks like http://globalimport.gr/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/119_121/products_id/280

I lost the cd with drivers.
Gerard
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Leng is Paragon Sofftware's Hungarian language package, correct?
http://hungarian.pocket-pc.penreader.com/Language_Extender_Hungarian_Download_area_for_LE_Hungarian.html
I do not know this software, but doubt that it could cause the problem you are having.

My suspicion is that either there is a software problem which is preventing your device from booting correctly, or more likely that there is a hardware fault, perhaps a stuck soft reset button or something else, which is preventing a successful boot. The 'plug in USB' screen message you are seeing is intended for use when doing a ROM update or upgrade. If you had a ROM image file and an installer on your PC and wished to install a new OS on the device, then that is when you would use that button combination and connect by USB.

I suggest at first trying a soft reset, then a hard reset. Failing those, try removing the battery for a day or so. If it still does not work, perhaps you will need to get it to a repair shop. In North America it is recommended to use pocketpctechs.com as they are expert in recovering such problems. In other countries I do not know of a resource.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Pocket PC Bugs All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: