Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:42 pm Post subject: Troubleshooting PPC-6700, Sprint, Auto Power up problem
I am trying to trouble shoot a PPC-6700 from Sprint. I have had the phone for just over a year now. The specs and symptoms are as follows:
PPC-6700 UT Starcom
I have no added software on this phone.
*Phone powers up by itself
*I have noticed that each time the phone changes from EVO to roaming it powers up. This is very annoying, but predictable.
*The phone will also power up by itself after about 10 sec to 3 min of being off even when it is not changing from EVO/1x/R networks.
* The powering up problem is more pronounced in my country home than my city office. However I have EVO service in both.
* It makes no difference if the memory card is in or out.
* It makes no difference if there are programs running or not.
* It makes no difference if the phone is in the charger or not.
* The IR port is OFF.
* The Wireless is OFF.
* Bluetooth is OFF.
* Service aquire/loss tone is OFF
* It is not the autosync because it says the last failed attempt to autosync was a month ago.
Since I have no idea how to keylock or password the Call button I often bump the dial button in my holster and call the last person that was dialed. A tip on keylocking or passwording the phone would be useful also.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Copyright 2001-2010, Chris De Herrera, All Rights Reserved