Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug? Volume mounter doesn't use bitwipe settings?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Encrypter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgoggan
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Bug? Volume mounter doesn't use bitwipe settings? Reply with quote

I have bitwipping disabled in the settings, but after dismounting an encrypted volume, it still does the bitwipe. Are the bitwipe settings only used for individual file encrypting/decrypting? I'd really like them to apply to volumes too. It just takes too much extra time to bitwipe -- especially when I use the Encrypter for some things that I do not need to hide to the point of worrying about bitwiping -- I just want them to basically be password protected from the casual user.

Thanks!

- John...
Air3
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The bitwiping feature is an essential security feature of the mounted volumes. If we did make that feature easy to turn off it would nullify our encryption software by allowing easily exploitable vulnerabilities.

I hope that this ansers your question.

have a perfect day Smile
jgoggan
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you already DO allow us to turn it off under the options, right? There is an option to disable it -- and, if you do, it does disable it for some things, right?

Or did you mean something else?

- John...
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

air1

I think he may have misunderstood. I think what you are saying might be a good idea, since the volumes are encrypted by default, and automatically decrypted when you dismount. I'll have to check over the manual..it's a while since i tested it.

So what you are suggesting might be a very good feature. I'll check with the engineers, thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Encrypter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: