Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot save pasword?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Encrypter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemesis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Cannot save pasword? Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have been using your software for a few years now and like it alot. I have a problem with my new version. I had to do a hard reset of my ipaq 1940 the other day so I took the chance of udating my rom file also. Since then I cant get Scanner to work properly. I have tried v2.2 and now also v2.5. At first start up when I put the global password in I get "Cannot save data, password valid for this session only" But also nothing encrypts?? What can I do please? The only other software on the ppc is ttn3.07.
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Jon will email you tonight Smile

There shouldn't be any problem getting it working on any modern device. So far 3000 downloads on v2.5 and you are the first bug report.
bryank

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem on my machine. Is that any conflicts between Encrypter and the system password?
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that i know of...please post your device, ROM and installed software here. Hopefully, we can see if there is a pattern.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was using HP i-Paq 2210 running Windows Mobile 2003. ROM version is 1.10.07 ENG.
Software installed:-
TranCreative NiceStart (System Passward Shell);
Xrgomics TenGo;
SK Software SK Tools;
Nyditot Virtual Display.

Thans a lot.
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks, we'll try to figure it out!

Cyrus
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I think the only reason this might occur is if something is blocking you from accessing the registry. You might try a hard reset and then re-install airscanner first to see if that is the problem (note: you will lose all your data). Then reinstall Airscanner first and see if that helps. If so, then it's a conflict with another app. Otherwise, it's probably a conflict with your ROM version.

So far we have only seen this rare bug in about 1 out of 100,000 installs. So I'm eager to figure it out.
air1
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s. does the problem occur during initial password install (program installation), or later?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> AirScanner Mobile Encrypter All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: