Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index Pocket PC FAQ Forums
The place to discuss Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs, Smartphones, Handheld PCs, Windows CE and More!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News: PocketGB: Big new beta update

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwagstaff
Pocketeer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: News: PocketGB: Big new beta update Reply with quote

PocketGB author, Aaron Oneal, mailed me to announce the release of version 1.50 beta 1 of the emulator. As he states on the news page, "the new release has some additional features, many fixes, and a lot of new code. While overall the code is cleaner, such a massive rewrite as this is not likely to be flawless on every device. I need everyone's help testing the beta before I can release it final."

There are too many fixes and improvements to mention them all here (for the complete list, head over to the news page), but below are some of the highlights:

Workaround for GAPI on iPAQ 3800 series.
Workaround for GAPI on Aero.
Rewrote graphics and input libraries.
Huge rewrite of of the application code (increased stability & speed).
New installer for BE-300.
Installs are now OS specific and EXE only.
Reset or load game state automatically resumes now.
Fixed popping audio on some devices.
Full screen blend is improved and automatic now on 16bpp devices when video size is maxed. Thanks Henrik!
Improved sound levels and quality.
Added "Fit to Window" option in Global Settings/Video to allow for full screen play at non-standard aspect ratios.
Improved NES speed, especially on ARM.
GB Advance module released for HPC Pro & PPC SH3.
Sound added to GB Advance module. It's in, but I recommend turning this off due to how slow emulation already is. Present day devices can't keep up.
Optimized project settings for SH3/4 HPC, PSPC.
TG-16 module saves cartridge battery state now.
MasterSystem/GameGear module updated. Save game state format changed as well, so old states won't load under this version.

------------------
Mike
PocketGamer.org - For Gamers on the Go...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket PC FAQ Forums Forum Index -> Windows CE Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright 2001-2010, Chris De Herrera, All Rights Reserved